At Jackson Built Remodeling, we install high-quality kitchen cabinets constructed from a wide variety of fine woods for Newtown homes. When you’re remodeling your Newtown kitchen, you’ll want a great set of cabinets that are sturdy, reliable, and nice to look at. You can choose from a variety of woods, finishes, and styles to select cabinets that work best for your unique, personalized kitchen.
Choosing Wood for Kitchen Cabinet
Several different types of wood are commonly used for constructing kitchen cabinets in newtown. The wood from different trees can differ in appearance and hardness, and each type has its own set of unique qualities.
- Oak is hard and durable, so it’s long been a favorite among Newtown homeowners for kitchen cabinets. It can be stained to further alter its appearance.
- Birch is a smooth hardwood that stains well and its known for high shock resistance. Its grain and color can vary, with wood closer to the center of the tree often having a darker, redder color.
- Maple is smooth, durable, and shock-resistant, with a light color that makes it a great choice for staining in deeper tones.
- Hickory is one of the hardest, most durable woods. It comes in an array of natural colors, ranging from light cream to dark brown, and can also be enhanced with a stain.
- Cherry is a rich, dark wood with a color that deepens with age. It can be expensive, so many people choose to use a stain on a different wood to mimic its distinctive appearance.
Once you’ve chosen the perfect wood for your kitchen cabinets, you can choose to go with the wood’s natural appearance, or to enhance it with a stain that will darken the color and bring out natural features and mineral streaks in the wood. Highlighted and burnished finishes can add some depth to your cabinets’ appearance, and antique or vintage finishes can create the worn-in look of a priceless antique. Some homeowners also paint their cabinets. Air white is a perennial favorite, although in modern kitchens, many people like to experiment with minimalistic black or bold jewel tones to make their cabinets stand out.
At Jackson Built Remodeling, we can also work with you to choose the right style of cabinet door for your kitchen.
- Inset doors are often found in older homes. Mounted to the face frame with small hinges, the hardware is generally visible when the doors are closed.
- Full overlay doors completely mask the openings and frames of your kitchen cabinets, creating a smooth, seamless look that works well in sleek modern kitchens.
- Partial overlay doors leave select parts of the frame visible, though they completely cover the door openings.
Whatever wood, color, and style you choose for your new kitchen cabinets, our contractors at Jackson Built Remodeling can help you achieve the results you’ve always wanted.
- Key Points For Remodeling Your Newtown Home
With home remodeling, there’s always going to be issues that you want to consider when making your Newtown home more comfortable and beautiful. At Jackson Built Remodeling, we have a lifetime of remodeling experience for you to rely on, and many tips to make your remodeling projects go well. Our focus will always be on...Read More
- Top Deck Materials For Custom Decks In Pennington
Are you trying to decide between decking materials for your custom deck in Pennington? There are many options available today in both real wood species and composites. The option you choose for your custom deck will determine the strength and longevity of the structure. It will also determine maintenance needs, and time before restoration and...Read More